Saturday, October 27, 2007

Phase Two

Phase One was to put a new kitchen in the old living room area. This started last July and is still in progress but now for the rest of the story....

Phase Two has begun today.

Sometime during this last week everything in the old kitchen was moved to a new location in the new kitchen. Most things went into a temporary storage location since the upper cabinets are still getting "polycryliced". (In case you don't know that word, it is not in the dictionary yet but means applying a finish of polycrylic which is a water-based polyurethane.)


Today the old cabinets were taken out and officially I am now cooking in the new kitchen. It is much like camping out, searching for things I know I have but can not remember where I put them and cooking on an unfamiliar cooking surface. It is fun and mysterious. Opening the refrigerator is most enjoyable. Everything is where it should be but the actual appliance is in a new location and filling the void of where it belonged before it actually got in it's new location.

I will be posting pictures soon so all can see. I am a happy girl.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I can't wait to see! Apart from seeing the friends and family that I love most, Seeing the progress on your house is something I look forward to each and every time I come to Pleasanton!

    I miss you too. I have thought about you several times this week. I may be down in a couple of weekends. Can't wait to see you then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!!!! I lived in three houses in under a year - remember? I SO know about forgetting where you put stuff!

    ReplyDelete