Thursday, December 4, 2008

Book Reviews

Dana sent me an invitation to join an online book club yesterday morning and I accepted. Now between my teaching, this blog, my facebook account, painting, cleaning, remodeling and of course being a wife, mother and grandmother I have one more thing to occupy my time. I did NOT list those in the order of importance.
If any of you are interested let me know. Dana and I will send you the link. It is called goodreads. I immediately began to find people I knew other than Dana.
If you like to read and want to know what others are reading this is a fun way to get the information.

Let me recommend a book now.
How Full is Your Bucket?
I wish I had read this when I was younger. This is a book about helping yourself be a happier person but while you are getting happier you are afffecting all those around you and helping them be happier. It is really simple. It is contagious.

While Lisa was here I gave her a copy of the book and it became the subject of most of our conversations. She would read a little and then come in and tell me all about it. It is based on those Gallop polls taken in the malls back in the 70's but the research was never used or published. The authors are a team, grandfather and grandson. The grandfather while dying of cancer talked his grandson into writing the book about his research. What a wonderful legacy to leave for the grandson and we all can benefit.

Fast read, interesting research and statistics. I rate it a must read by all.

4 comments:

  1. oooo can I have the link please?? That sounds interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bet I can buy that on amazon, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am sure Amazon has it. I bought it online. It came fairly quickly, too. It is a best seller, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I am most excited about is seeing what others are reading. I'm loving seeing what you have read or are wanting to read. I've never read How Full is Your Busket? However, I have read Have You Filled a Bucket Today? It is the kid version. SO good!

    ReplyDelete