Thursday, August 25, 2011

Paint Party Friday: A Great First Week

I have had a great start to the new school year and I think I owe my friends from Paint Party Friday a big thanks for inspiring me and helping to keep me motivated to be creative!  
THANKS!
After all the necessary paperwork, rules and procedures are behind us I had my students begin by drawing themselves as a cartoon.  They are adorable and I will share them when I get an okay from my students.

Zentangles have been all the rage in my room.  Not only in my room but my co-teachers in art are using them also.  The kids are loving them.

A third year student stayed after school today just to talk to me about how excited she was over Zentangles!  And she is not even my student but has visited with me every day.  

The photos are of my in-class demonstrations I completed for my students.  We are using heavy paper cut to about a small postcard .
 

Tuesday: Instructed to use 2 Zentangle designs
Wednesday:Instructed to use 3 Zentangle designs, repeat Tuesdays plus one.
Thursday: Instructed to use four Zentangle designs.  Previously used



Tomorrow we will be doing Fun Friday and completing Splotch monsters!
(In case you are wondering what is a Splotch monster: A Splotch monster is a creative creature created from a random splotch of paint.)
Here are my demonstration pieces.

I am not sure who are having more fun... the kids or me!


Going Postal Splotch monster
Splotch monster Meet Goose





Baby Tutu Splotch


Mrs.  Howl Splotch

Super Splotch!
  Thanks, again to my friends at Paint Party Friday!

post signature

24 comments:

  1. I just love your zentangles! And your splotch monsters are awesome! It's so cool how you see so many things in the splotch! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the splotch monsters! Awesome! Well done!

    namaste, Carol Happy PPF (Share the Creative Journey)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I know your students are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your students must have so much fun in your class. These are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your zentangles too!! good luck with your class

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful zentangles and those splotch monsters are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! I just love all the zentangles! How great to inspire art in others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your zentangle designs would be perfect for henna tattoos. ANd you splotch monsters look REALLY fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! It sounds like your year is off to a great start and that you are inspiring others beyond your own classroom - Hooray!

    I think your splotch monsters are very cool! (I love splotch monsters!!!)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. :)

    Love the splotch monsters - they are fabulous, as are the zentangles. So glad you are finding PPF inspiring - you inspires us right back with these create ideas for your class!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great!!! I wish I had you for a teacher!!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How much FUN! I love your splotch monsters- they're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you should have a go at the splotch I posted on my blog and see what you come up with!! These are such fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. AAahhhh I love your splotch monsters how creative!!! Hurrah for experimenting with watercolor and what our minds eye can see
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the zentangles!!1 I've been intrigued with them for a while now... I should try them some day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh these are all sooooooo much fun!!! All I can say is the students are so lucky to have you as their teacher!!!!Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I had you as my art teacher all those years ago. I will need to follow up on zentagles, never heard of them before

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've yet to attempt creating zectangles! Yours are cool but I'm really LOVING your splotch monsters! Rock on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bet the kids LOVE the splotch monsters! What a fun idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Zentangles and splotch monsters...the perfect start to the school year! Enjoy! Happy PPF! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving your splotch creatures, such fun. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gotta love the SPLOTCH monsters! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love these splotch monsters - they look like so much fun! I have heard about zentangles a lot recently - they look fabulous but the splotch monsters are definitely my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Zentangles are way beyond me, I really like looking at them but I can't do them at all lol Love your sploches and the imagination you use to create such wonderful characters ;0) Dxx

    ReplyDelete