Friday, July 20, 2012

Twas the Week Before Blog Hop


Twas the week before blog hop and all through my house,
the machines are humming, and even the spouse!
The blocks are arranged and the sashings to spare,
and with stitches still needing to make the repairs.

And I in my nightgown and Papa in bed,
Could not settle down for evening...instead
Up in the night to finish my quilt.
I hastened my pace and quickened my guilt.
"I can't finish in time! I started too late."
I haven't the skills and can't meet the date!"

But yet, the day continues to draw near,
and all that should happen is all coming clear.
With great anticipation, and many good cheers,
the piecers are working and soon will be here!

















Think Christmas Blog Hop!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Sew clever!!! Can't wait to see what you have been making!!!! I know it will be great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, ladies, I am not a poet and my meter's all wrong but my blog post just came to me in a poetic song.

    Oh, stop it stop it!!!!
    Okay, I'm all done!
    Really, it was just fun and it started to crumble toward the end but I just couldn't stop myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love .your poem your humor. You".... You are a delight

    ReplyDelete