July has been so busy with the remodeling, visiting friends and flying out to North Carolina that I have not been posting. So this will be a catch up on all the goings-on.
- Davis Duncan Winters, the baby you prayed over so long was born on July 22nd. Mom has preclamsia and high blood pressure and he was forced to come at 30-31 weeks and weighed in at 3 lbs 4 ozs. He is doing well but of course is still in the hospital until he is 4 or 5 lbs, I believe. Continue this family in your prayers because they continue to go through the stresses of a new baby, plus having a premature baby and Mom continues to have some health concerns. I am sure Linda will give us an update on their conditions as she sees fit.
- My daugther-in-law had a little scare in the middle of July which has made her slow down a little and take better care of herself but she and the baby are doing well. Keep her in your prayers, please.
- I flew for the first time in my life on the 17th of July flying out to Raleigh, North Carolina and then returned on the 24th. I got to sit between two of my grandsons who loved flying and have flown before. The take-off was thrilling, the snacks were fun and the landing was relieving. We had a layover in Orlando on the way there and in Nashville on the way back. It was more turbulent on the trip back and it made me a little nervous but I did not get sick!
- We got to go to Topsail Island in North Carolina and spent three days playing on the coast, finding shark teeth, playing in the surf. We stayed in Linda and Doug's RV, all nine of us. Two or three slept outside in a small tent to give us a little more space. I loved it and the kids all did, too.
- Enjoyed life in Raleigh, visiting with my sister, brother-in-law and their granddaughter in their nice clean home.
- I returned home to the dust of remodeling but soon became accustomed to it again.