Saturday, December 22, 2007

Gone Shopping

Went shopping last night.....

Went shopping this morning......

Not finished still.

I remember back when I loved shopping for Christmas presents. That is when it was easier and there was not so much stuff to buy. I want to have the generous spirit back but the pressing time and the pressing crowds are just overwhelming to me instead. I want to get something for each person that will make them smile and yell "Yipee" but only the kids do that now and they can do that over a nerf ball pop gun.

So I have taken inventory and these are the things I have learned about keeping my sanity and enjoying family during one of the most hectic times of the year:
  • Chinette instead of china
  • Plastic instead of sterling
  • Stack the dishwasher as you go
  • Bottled water with individual flavoring packets, and individual hot chocolate mix envelopes on the shelf in a kid friendly spot
  • A 1000 piece puzzle started in a convenient spot
  • Colors, pencils, markers and lots of lots of paper
  • Get down on the floor at the kid level as often as you can

But most importantly no one's happiness is dependent on my gift to them or the amount of money I throw at them and that the love you feel the whole year through is evident in how you speak to them and how you treat them every day of the year.

Enjoy your time with family or whoever is sharing the time with you, smile and laugh and get on the floor a little.

Much love to all.

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog. especially since my family pulled together last minute this trip for us all to be together. Although, instead of crayons we have finger paints. :) tons of color to help brighten the holiday spirit and tons of family time is what this holiday is all about. This blog really makes you realize, Family. Thats what this season is about. miss you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete