Friday, September 9, 2011

Paint Party Friday: Notes for Linda notebook cover

Last week I did the sketch book cover for a demonstration piece for my classes.  This week I made a notebook cover for my sister who requested "make me one and make me skinny, too".  So here is Linda's notebook.  Linda's passions are all about quilting and she loves to bake cakes and has the biggest collection of pedestal cake plates I have ever seen.
(Oh, no!  My mice are missing.  I drew them in after I scanned this!  Shucks! They were cute!)

For the record this has been a very random week starting off with a holiday and family in to visit on Monday, Tuesday a new baby born in the family, Wednesday another visit to the hospital after teaching all day, Thursday they came home from the hospital and I spent a chunk of time in Walgreen's  getting a prescription for Gaby and now, thankfully....
it is Friday!
So as I put this tiring work week to rest let's hear it for    
Happy Paint Party Friday!
(not that Saturday is not a work day.  It is just another kind of work.)

See Paint Party Friday here.
See Linda's Buzzing and Bumbling here.
See a picture of the baby on my previous post here.

You may also, notice a new page on my blog entitled Art Teachers Blog. 
It is linked to Artists in Blogland, a new art blog directory with two directories one for art blogs and one for art teachers blogs.  I found both interesting.

  post signature

21 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!! I have to show this to my quilting friend! I have all your notes and will be giving it a whirl this upcoming week!!!!
    Thanks for so freely sharing.
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully creative ~ Wow! ~namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your piece! So cool...I will definitely check out the links here, thanks for sharing. Happy friday to YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly, I'm really enjoying the movement! Happy Paint Party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great that you incorporated your sister's interests in to this illustration... creative & thoughtful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is such a great illustration!!!! the details are amazing!!! wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my note book!!! I wonder if there is a way I can use this illustration on my blog? It's too cute to just keep hidden away!!! I also love that I'm skinny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That's amazing, awesome, cool and more! I want one! hehehe! Happy PPF! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  9. A terrific illustration, am sure your sister adores it. Wow you have great talent. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply marvelous!!! Your sister will be so thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cool cover, love the whole setting of the room and the composition!
    Awesome work!

    // - T.W -

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sooooo cool! You're an awesome sister!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great fun!! Lucky sister!

    These are so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful motion of line work! Fun and full of energy! Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous design and creativity! It's great! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your zentangle cover is simply AWESOME!!! I bet your sis will love it! I want to see the mice! I peeked at Eason, oh what a sweetie!!!Happy PPF! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. First, Congratulations! Eason is a doll... definitely a heart-throb :)

    Your sister is a lucky lady - I'm sure she'll love her notebook (I chuckled at the "make me skinny" instructions!ha!)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  18. This has wonderful details and color. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome! Be careful or everyone you know will be wanting one of these special covers made for them. ;)

    ReplyDelete