Thursday, September 22, 2011

Paint Party Friday:Mixed Media

Mixed Media

Completely unplanned!

Mixed Media using
Layers:
acrylic then a splash of alcohol,
acrylic then a splash of alcohol again, different colors this time,
collage of magazine clippings of fonts to add texture and multi-layers,
acrylic paint squeegee'd off,
and again, different color. 
And then the work began.  
Once I had layered in all the textures I could stand I finished this piece by detailing with more  paint, colored pencils, Sharpie marker and even glued in some silk flowers I found on the floor of my art room(glued, painted and the buffed then outlined with Sharpie).  
I am forcing myself to stop. 
It is so fun I want to keep going but then I will overwork it.
I want to leave a bit of mystic in it.  

I am guiding a few of my students at a time through this process.  I wouldn't make it through the month if I did all of them at one time.  
They are loving it!
It is just play!!!

Happy Paint Party Friday!

Below: Just doodling with a random acrylic wash, pen & ink  and a quiet evening.


Just playing around mindlessly.
post signature








28 comments:

  1. wow terrific pieces and so full of gorgeous colours. Happy PPF, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation and love your doodlings ~thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) and Happy PPF ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors..I just love them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh you're so talented, an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work, thanks for sharing, hugs Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything you posted...but the doodles? Wow! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS DOODLES...eye-popping and perfect! You Rock! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that combination of colors.Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is just so gorgeous especially those doodles...they just look amazing.You really know how to use your brushes and pens : ) girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful!!! ¡Absolutamente hermoso!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I just love this, Its wonderful, a joy to look at and I like the doodles too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am soooooo in love with your work! You amaze me! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the doodles but the mixed media piece just blows me away :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mixed media piece is gorgeous!!! I love the colors, the textures, the composition... everything! And your "mindless doodles"... amazing!

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful art work- i am currently learning both doodling and mixed media an I love your site. thanks for giving the step you used- it inspires me. i came here through Paint Party Friday.
    Johnina :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful!
    I love the layers and freshness of the work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the "doodling" - I use a lot of "Art Therapy" in my work as a counselor and I am always amazed at some of the images that emerge when you allow yourself time to doodle. I just bought a book that I think would be great for any grade (although it is a children's book). It is called "Beautiful Oops" - check it out. I just wish I would have written it! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous work, I love all the layers of color and texture- and yes, I agree, sometimes it's harder to stop working on a piece than it is to overwork....really beautiful piece!
    Happy PPF (a day late;))
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  19. your work amazes me! these are just stunning! i love the colours and the inked outlines. they look so surreal and full of detail!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fantastic style you have. I love it! The color washes are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yes, I like this a lot. I see a waterfall and flowers and foliage. A beautiful, relaxing place to dream.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving the texture and complexity of your artwork. Free and flowing ... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your doodles are exceptional! and your big painting is just gorgeous - love the colors and tropical feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very very nice. Lots of texture and mellow colors. Love your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I adore that mixed media piece. It fills me with longing. I want to sit next to it and breathe it in. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That first painting looks like a cascade of water, through vegetation, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete