Sunday, May 29, 2011

Strictly Saturday: Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie

I am late!
I am late!
I'm a little behind on posting my Strictly Saturday's post but I did bake!
Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie is one of my favorites but not one I make often.  
Last night I baked my pastry and then sent out word to Caleb and Gaby to come eat it while it is warm. 
It did not take long before I heard them at the door.  

I made them wait as I prepared the plate, swirling the Cinnamon Butter on the plate,
setting the pastry on the plate, 
scooping out a scoop of ice cream, 
and adding the final touch...the drizzles. 
Add a few nuts on top of this would be pretty, too but I forgot.

Gaby thought it was restaurant quality dessert.....hum-m!  
Caleb licked his plate and asked for seconds.




The recipe says it serves 9.
In my opinion, it would serve about 12 women but 6 men so averaging maybe 9 is a good estimate.
It is made in a 9" by 9" pan.  

So here it is....this heavenly dessert!



Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie


Cookie Layer:
                1 cup flour
                1/2 teaspoon baking soda
`               1/4 teaspoon baking powder
                1/2 cup butter, softened
                1/3 cup granulated sugar
                1 egg
                1 Tablespoon milk
                1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
                1/2 cup shredded coconut

Crust Layer
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
                1/4 cup sugar
                1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs

                1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used the mini chips, they covered more easily and evenly)
                1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Cinnamon butter
                1/2 cup butter, softened
                3 Tablespoons sugar
                1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
Vanilla Ice Cream
Chocolate Syrup
Caramel Syrup

Cookie Layer: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 
Measure the flour into a medium size bowl; add the baking soda and baking powder.  Set aside.   
Using an electric mixer, blend sugar and butter until smooth; add in egg, milk and vanilla.  Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture.   Blend until smooth.  Add coconut.  Set aside.

Crust Layer: Melt butter in microwave in a small bowl.  While butter is melting crush graham crackers into fine crumbs.  Mix together butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar.  Pat into the bottom of a 9” x 9” pan. 

Pour chocolate chips evenly over crust.

Carefully spoon cookie mixture over chocolate chips. 
Sprinkle chopped walnuts over cookie mixture, carefully pressing them into the dough. 

Bake in preheated oven for 35 -45 minutes or until the edges turn a golden color. Don't overbake.

Prepare Cinnamon butter by blending all ingredients together.  Refrigerate until time to serve.

Serving Preparation:
Swirl a dab of cinnamon butter onto a heated plate  running the spoon through the butter to spread it across the plate or use an unheated plate and place in microwave for 30 seconds to melt the butter.

Plate a slice of pie on prepared plate.
Add a scoop of ice cream on top of pie.
Drizzle first caramel syrup, finishing with Chocolate syrup,

 Enjoy!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember you making this at my house when we lived in Georgia! It was heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that was a fun visit! They were all good times visiting there. Was this visit the visit that we did the mystery menus? That was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! This looks absolutely heavenly!! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete