Friday, May 20, 2011

Strictly Saturday: S'Mores Brownies

Busy Weekend coming up! 

Not only is the big move happening tomorrow but a birthday party! 

How fun!

While the big guys carry in the heavy furniture, the little ones are going to be dipping their cake pops and having fun outside.  (Be watching for pictures of the kids making their cake pops.)

This evening when I came in from school, I had on my mind all the things I need to be doing this weekend, so I started by whipping up some cakes to bake and shape for the cake pops for the party tomorrow.  By the time my cakes were cooled enough to shape into balls I also, had S 'mores Brownies baking in the oven for my Strictly Saturday's post.  

It is going to be a joyfully, rushed and hectic time in my household tomorrow!  I hope your weekend is a fun filled time with people you love.

I found this recipe on the Food Network website and revised it for myself so I did not have to run into town to buy anything else. 

 

 

S'more Brownies

Ingredients

Crust:

  • 6 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons sugar

Brownie:

  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick)  butter 
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 4 ounces unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
  • 4 large cold eggs
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour

    Topping:

    • 4 cups large marshmallows

    Directions an 8 inch square baking dish with foil so the foil runs over the edges.  Spray or oil foil.

    Make graham cracker crust and press in bottom of pan.  Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes until browned.

    While crust if baking, mix up brownie.  Put butter, oil and cocoa in a glass bowl and place in microwave for 1 minute or until butter melts.  Stir until blended.  Add brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla.  Stir until blended.  Add eggs, one at a time and beat by beat until smooth.  Add flour and salt and beat until smooth.  


    Pour brownie batter over warm crust and place back in oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out nearly clean with just a few crumbs. 

    Place marshmallows on top of brownie and place until broiler about 6 inch under burner.  Watch carefully, and allow to heat until marshmallows start to brown (about 2 minutes).  


    Cool on rack.  

    Carefully remove S'mores Brownies from pan using the foil edges as flaps. Remove the foil.  Cut into squares. 

    post signature

    3 comments:

    1. I think you'll have to make something else tomorrow for Strictly Saturday! This is only Friday!!! Since you'll have two things baked, I can come help you eat one! :o)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Aw-w! You're too smart for me! I thought it was Saturday already! Actually, I prepared my post and posted it just as I remembered I should have waited a few hours more but with all the weirdness going on here tomorrow that may not have happened.

      But you come up with another recipe, send it to me, we'll make it and you can come eat it with me.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I have spent the morning cooking for the new parents at church and delivering their lunch.
      I think I missed an opportunity here!

      ReplyDelete