Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Painting A Day: River Rentals

When I go anywhere I usually have a camera on my shoulder.  My family has gotten used to my unusual taste in photography.  They humor me.

Being an art teacher I am always looking for a new idea for an artwork and usually come back with something my students and I can use.  Often a couple of my students have tried their hand at one of my photos and I never give it a second thought after that.

For the fourth of July a couple of years back we took a day trip to the Guadalupe  River at a privately owned camp.  It is not unusual for people to float the river and rentals are usually available on the river.  
Canoes, rafts, kayaks, tubes....whatever you can think of you could probably find it for rent somewhere.
I was more interested in the patterns of shapes and colors created by the canoes in storage around the side of the camp store than actually renting anything.
  Next time, I think I will take my paints with me and paint at the river.

River Rental is a watercolor about 9" x 12".

post signature

23 comments:

  1. Great pattern and color. One of my favorite subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful color and composition! HAPPY PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one Darla! Totally agree with Sheri, Linda and Patricia:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darla. I love the canoes and colors. Great work! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful watercolor painting! It reminds me of visiting Lake Tahoe & those lovely days on the lake and streams. Happy PPF! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just a lovely image, good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific colour and loving the composition. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very pretty Darla. (Did you want PPF to come here or to your most recent post?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Paint Party Friday thing. I still have questions since this is my first time.

    I will be out of pocket for a couple of days but hopefully, will be back by Sunday afternoon or Monday to get more involved and visit all of your sites.

    Thanks for including me in your party. I can't wait to be an active participant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Original theme and composition arisen I deem it. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful painting and it looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so fantastic! I am so happy to have found PPF...

    PS- I like your blog background very much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to Paint Party Friday!!! We are so happy you've decide to join the fun!

    Your painting is beautiful and I am loving seeing all of your amazing pieces on your blog... I am intrigued by your 6 week challenge :)

    I look forward to seeing much more of your work...

    xo
    Kristin

    p.s. If you have any questions about PPF you can email me at kristindudish(at)gmail(dot)com or EVA is always happy to answer them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is terrific. I love seeing photos and paintings created from angles like this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I love the idea of you painting at the river. Sounds ideal! Hope you get a chance to!

    ReplyDelete
  16. As I browsed your previous posts and paintings, I'm so impressed that you are able to complete such fabulous paintings in a day. Each one is charming and well executed in its own way. You're obviously drawn to the beach and all those beach scenes are just charming. Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The volume and depth you were able to create is AWESOME! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this subject even a load of boats cast to one side have art in them and you brought it out lovely work!

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, you are just dripping with talent...this is really, really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, it's just so visually interesting! ...and so technically wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete