|Chocolate Doodle Bars|
Last weekend while making the Layer Brownie Torte (which by the way were good to the last crumb.) I accidentally melted 2 1/2 cups of chocolate chips.
Well, this week I pulled my melted chips from the freezer and began to doodle in the kitchen.
I had intended to make an oatmeal based bar with a melted chocolate filling which is an old recipe to me. Still a favorite but I will save that for another Saturday.
Today I decided to get creative with my baking and put this recipe together so this is not going to be found anywhere else online.
It's my creation.
Since I am doing it for the blog I called it Chocolate Doodle Bars.
Chocolate Doodle Bars
Prepare 13 x 9 inch pan by lightly greasing bottom of pan.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers (9 bars)
- 1 /4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugarCrumble together and sprinkle evenly over bottom of pan.Bake 8 minutes.
While crust is browning begin the filling:
- Melt 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips and 1 stick butter in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and then smooth together until all the chips are melted. (Time varies according to microwave. When chips begin to soften take them out of the microwave and stir them until they are smooth.)
- Add 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 egg
Stir until smooth and pour over warm crust.Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Both the coffee and the peanut butter options are very mildly flavored so they do not overpower the chocolate. I think my favorite is the coffee flavor. If you try these report back to me. I would love to hear what you have to say.Glaze
- Melt 2 T butter with ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 T water to make drizzle consistencyPeanut Butter Lovers Option:
- Add 1 T creamy peanut butter to melted butter and brown sugar before adding the powdered sugarCoffee Lovers Option:
- Substitute strong coffee for the water
|Front: Coffee Lovers Glaze; Back: Peanut Butter Lovers Glaze|
Have a great Saturday. I am walking for Relay for Life tonight! I'm taking my Chocolate Doodle Bars with me to share.