Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Goodbye July, Hello August

Here we are on the verge of our last summer month. It seems the summer months fly by so quickly and then it is time for school again. With the early start of school and teachers starting earlier than the kids we will be back into a school routine before you know it.

July has been so busy with the remodeling, visiting friends and flying out to North Carolina that I have not been posting. So this will be a catch up on all the goings-on.
  • Davis Duncan Winters, the baby you prayed over so long was born on July 22nd. Mom has preclamsia and high blood pressure and he was forced to come at 30-31 weeks and weighed in at 3 lbs 4 ozs. He is doing well but of course is still in the hospital until he is 4 or 5 lbs, I believe. Continue this family in your prayers because they continue to go through the stresses of a new baby, plus having a premature baby and Mom continues to have some health concerns. I am sure Linda will give us an update on their conditions as she sees fit.
  • My daugther-in-law had a little scare in the middle of July which has made her slow down a little and take better care of herself but she and the baby are doing well. Keep her in your prayers, please.
  • I flew for the first time in my life on the 17th of July flying out to Raleigh, North Carolina and then returned on the 24th. I got to sit between two of my grandsons who loved flying and have flown before. The take-off was thrilling, the snacks were fun and the landing was relieving. We had a layover in Orlando on the way there and in Nashville on the way back. It was more turbulent on the trip back and it made me a little nervous but I did not get sick!
  • We got to go to Topsail Island in North Carolina and spent three days playing on the coast, finding shark teeth, playing in the surf. We stayed in Linda and Doug's RV, all nine of us. Two or three slept outside in a small tent to give us a little more space. I loved it and the kids all did, too.
  • Enjoyed life in Raleigh, visiting with my sister, brother-in-law and their granddaughter in their nice clean home.
  • I returned home to the dust of remodeling but soon became accustomed to it again.
I am adding a link on the right for a few of our July pics for any interested. The remodeling is better in person than in pictures so keep that in mind.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed remembering your visit. It was so much fun! Wow, I look fat in the picture! I think YOUR camera adds MORE than 10 lbs.! Right?
    Davis is doing well, but the underdeveloped lungs are the major concern. The doctor has been very pleased, though, with his progress. Brad said that he has lost down to 2lbs. 15 oz. (or had as of last week. No word lately on weight.) because they were more concerned with the lungs than the feeding. When they feed him he does well with it. Tegan still has very high blood pressure, pulmonary edema, and blurry vision, but they are watching her closely. She is in good spirits and still on complete bed rest.
    Thank you for all the prayers. Please continue to pray for them. Davis will probably be in the hospital for 4 to 6 weeks more.
    Darla, the kitchen looks great! The room is so different. Doesn't it feel good? I LOVE how it feels to remodel! I think it's in the genes.

    ReplyDelete