Saturday, August 20, 2011

A New School Year

Soon we begin a new school year and teachers everywhere are preparing.
Often the beginning is somewhat bittersweet; leaving the freedom and leisure time of summer but refreshed and ready for the challenges of a new year.
Although my summer was not filled with my own personal creative time I expected to be happening, 
it was filled with creative time with family and energizing ideas for school projects.
I have added a number of new books to my library to inspire me and 
to offer additional instructional aids to students.  

Zentangles are going to be big in our high school art classes this year!
Fabric design is going to go in some new directions!
A make over in multi-layering in collage and mixed media are in the works!
Challenge Competitions, Moody Mondays and Fun Fridays...
all I need now are my students.


 My little helpers are sharpening my pencils,
the room is arranged, supplies organized and drawing papers cut to size!
At no other time in the year, will I ever be as prepared as today!
(In the spirit of Lily Tomlin from Laugh In for those who remember it.)
"And that's the truth!"

So off I pop to a new school year!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I can just see Lily as the little girl character sitting in that huge rocking chair! Of course, then there's "Is this the party to whom I am speaking?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is embedded in our brains forever. I know on my deathbed I will still be quoting either Lily Tomlin or Erma Bombeck. I loved the Erma quote you sent me earlier.

    "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

    ReplyDelete