I missed last week...well, actually I only missed posting my recipe on Saturday.
The problem is that all summer long I have been off schedule
and I have NOT reserved chocolate for my Saturdays.
So here I am attempting to get my eating habits back on a schedule
and eat healthier during the week.
A couple of weeks ago, I made a trip to Borders Book Store,which is now closing. :-(
But before that happened I was in their cookbook section and came home with two inspiring cookbooks.
The first book I picked up was "500 Chocolate Delights"
and it certainly is delightful!
Usually prior to cooking I have to make a trip to the grocery store to buy some special ingredient. Today I am desperately in need of a long strolling tour of the grocery store to stock up on everything from butter to produce so when I found this recipe that made me drool and I had everything in my pantry I jumped at the chance to whip it up.
It is so simple.
Moist and light, heavenly chocolatey and just the right sweet!
Not just a brownie but stepping up to a more sophisticated palette.
- In a saucepan melt 3 ounces of unsweetened chocolate with 1/3 cup of unsalted butter.
- Take off of the heat and add: 2 eggs slightly beaten, 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla.
- Stir to blend.
- Add 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Optional: 1/2 cups nuts
- Garnish with whipped cream and raspberries if you wish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes in a greased 9 1/2 inch tart pan.
Serve it simply for your family or dress it up for guests.
Or better yet dress it up for your family!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I am!